Sunday, January 18, 2009

The day bump turned 18 weeks......

Alhamdulillah my pregnancy is going well. I'm still waiting for the flutter that I should have felt when I got to the 17 weeks mark but as of now, I still can't feel anything. Then again, I really can't tell the difference between my tummy rumbling and baby moving. Hmmm.

I'm already getting myself ready for baby's arrival. Trying to get as much info as I can to help me throughout the pregnancy and also when I give birth. So far I can say I know more or less the basics on rearing a child. As long as baby doesn't have jaundice or anything like that, I must say that I'm prepared, Insha'Allah. Throughout my pregnancy, I've also been reading Surah Luqman. It's one of the famous Surah that you're asked to read when the elderly finds out you're pregnant. Before this, I've only just read it because it's a Surah for a "soleh/solehah" child. Never once had I took the opportunity to actually find out the meaning of each "ayat". Today, I just felt like YouTube-ing the Surah with its translation. Masha'Allah, the Surah is just superb! It tells you everything that is happening in the world today. Reading the translations really did make me feel that I have to bring up my baby to the right path. It's so emotional reading the translation and knowing that these things are actually happening around you and you can't really do much about it. Allah knows best and no doubt on that! I wouldn't go any further on what the translations were, if you could spare 10 minute and just listen & read the Surah Luqman, you'd know what I'm talking about.

To be quite honest, the only thing that I'm scared about bringing up a child is if I don't lead them to the right path. I'm definitely scared of that! But Insha'Allah, with prayers and constant Quran reading, I don't think it's possible to go astray. As Allah's promised us that it's impossible for us to go the wrong path for as long as we follow what he says, and that's truly possible to be done my dear friends. Give HIM a few minutes of your time and you could definitely feel the difference.

Alhamdulillah this pregnancy has really taught me to be a good Muslim. I'm not preaching or anything, but I was definitely stunned when I read the meaning of it all.

No comments: